Friday, April 2, 2010

What Makes Good Characters

I love to read and I love a good under-dog-down-and-out-come-back-making protagonist, but every time I read the sob story or back ground of my favorite character I want them to get a little recognition for their acomplishments, relish in their success or take a little wallow in self pitty. I guess that's because if I were in their position I would want to. Amazingly they never do. And I think that's why I like those characters so much. Because even when they have the right to do nothing or the right to do what they want they don't. Instead they sacrifice something or everything without asking for anything in return. That's the kind of person I would like to be. I want to live such an unselfish life. Wouldn't it be amazing to be someone who does great things for a bigger purpose than just "me"? And I can't think of a bigger or better purpose than God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...