Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Barn Raising. Part Four.

So, yeah, I missed another day of posting, but yesterday was busy. Even though I didn't have too much hands-on work with the barn because I babysat my nieces and nephew. I did, however, get to go down there and be amazed. It really is starting to look like a barn, especially since they started putting rafters up! It may sound like this whole thing has just been smooth sailing, but yesterday and today haven't been without excitement. We realized a couple of mistakes and are doing our best to either fix them or cope with them. The most popular phrases have been, "It's just a barn," meaning that whatever happens will be okay because it's just a barn and "Put a nail in it!" meaning hurry up and do something because it'll never be perfect. So far, I think it's a rather fine piece of construction despite it's flaws and I'm ready to have it finished! I can picture it all already! Although that doesn't really mean much because I've been able to picture it since we poured the concrete. Now it just seems so close and real! I can't wait! I think we're planning to paint it "Barn Red" with white trim in the classic barn style. I have already started designing the interior and planning how to keep it clean and as close to bug-free as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I always inspired by you, your thoughts and way of thinking, again, appreciate for this nice post.

    - Murk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...