Monday, July 11, 2011

Lioness Arising; Wake Up and Change Your World by Lisa Bevere

I've had this book for quite a while. I was going to read when my mom looked it over and decided that it was a bit too mature for me now, but that it would be good to read when I'm older. Well, I wasn't quite sure what to do since I wanted to do a review, but wasn't alowed to read it. That's when I remembered that my sister-in-law, Paige, read the book and wrote an excellent review of it on her blog. So, for the more mature readers of my blog that may benefit from reading this book, here is Paige's review:

"“If ever there comes a time when the women of the world come together purely and simply for the benefit of mankind, it will be a force such as the world has never known.” Matthew Arnold, Nineteenth- Century British Poet and Philosopher




This quote author and speaker Lisa Bevere uses in her latest book, Lioness Arising, just about sums up the theme for the entire book. If women will band together and rise up like a lioness then there is no telling how the world around us will change.



As Lisa was studying the scriptures she came across the verse in the book of Numbers 23:24 which said, “These people rise up like a lioness, like a majestic lion rousing itself. ” This verse along with a vision to see women change their world, inspired Lisa to study the lioness and share with women what we can learn from the lioness and how she behaves. Throughout the book Lisa reveals the characteristics of the lioness and inspires you to learn what it means to



be a stunning representation of strength

fiercely protect the young

lend your voice to the silenced

live in the light and hunt in the dark

raise a collective roar that changes everything.

I received a review copy of this book a few weeks ago, and while having three little ones has slowed my reading time down a bit, I had a hard time putting this book down each time I had a chance to read a chapter. I was engaged immediately in the book and inspired right down to the last word. All that is left now is for me to figure out how I can go and make a difference in this world we are living in.



If life has gotten you discouraged, frustrated or just bored and your ready to awaken the Lioness with in you then I highly recommend reading this book. As Lisa says on the back cover of the book…



“Women, it’s time to awaken.

AWAKEN…

God did not save you to tame you.

AWAKEN…

to a life of fierce passion.

AWAKEN…

to dangerous prayer, stunning power, and teamed purpose.

AWAKEN…

your response could very well change your world.



Sincerely,

Paige"

Thank you Paige for allowing me to use your review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...