Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gardening, Swimming and Schoolwork Oh My!

Over The Weekend:
We worked in the garden. My dad and I went to the local hardware store and bought a wonderful variety of vegetable seeds and plants, along with some watermelon plants. We planted them in our raised beds and, as soon as we were finished, it began to rain. I am still carefully tending my seedlings indoors and I can't wait until they are ready to be transplanted outside! I am definitely looking forward to this year's harvest!
Also, this weekend I rode Joker and had lots of fun! We walked, trotted and cantered, did figure eights and did other things to help us both get back into shape for this summer. I was hoping to ride again yesterday and today but my round pen is a mess from all the rain we've had. So, I look forward to long, blissful rides this summer!

Today:
I took the first plunge into the pool this year! Measuring in a icy 72 degrees Fahrenheit, the pool water was a little cooler than I prefer. (We have decided that the best temperature is 85 degrees.) I slowly made my way deeper until I could swim some laps width-wise in the shallow end. This was just a tiny taste of the fun yet to come and I can't wait for more!

For The Next 17 Weekdays:
I have 17 weekdays left until school is finished and summer is here! Until the end of that assigned time, I will be working extremely hard to finish up this year's work. After that I am free!

All of these things are making me look forward to this summer which appears that it may be one of the best summers ever!

2 comments:

  1. Beth, it sounds like you are having a great time. I sure do love reading your blog and I love hearing about everything you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you like reading it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...