Monday, March 2, 2009

It Snowed!

Yesterday and today we had snow! It's not very normal for my home to receive snow much less this time of year! We were all very excited when it began and thought we would be lucky for a light powdering. We were very surprised when we ended up with about 3-to-4 inches! I took lots of pictures of my horses, my dog, and my home covered in snow!I walked up and down our dirt road and all through our pasture. As I did, I was inspired by the cold, ice and snow to write words that I thought more appropriate for the tune "Dashing Through The Snow."
Here is my ballad:

Hiking through the snow
I’ve a long, long way to go
My hands are getting numb
I’m afraid I’ll lose my thumb
Chance I’ll get frost bite
It’s sure to be cold tonight
Hot chocolate on my mind
My body I hope they find
I’m lost out in the snow
My legs are sure to go
My jacket needs to grow
I’m not an Eskimo
No coverage on my cell
Direction I can’t tell
I think I’m gonna’ fall
I am not very tall
These thoughts you’re sure to share
If you yourself are there
Hiking through the snow
With a very long way to go

I never was actually lost, I just thought up and sang the first few lines while I walked around and continued until I ran out of things to rhyme.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Beth!! It is always great to keep up with you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...