Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Getting Older

I happened to be inspired to write this due to my recent birthday. I'm going to skip the details about my party, and instead I'm going to talk more about what I have learned by growing older. I admit that I'm not too terribly old and because of that I don't have nearly as much experience and wisdom as other people. Despite this I do want to express my own thoughts on the subject of aging anyways. We all are growing older. That is a fact that the majority of us fight against. Or maybe we are fighting the symptoms of getting older. We dye hair, try our best to erase wrinkles, etc. I'm not sure exactly why we do it. I am pretty sure that our dislike of getting older has to do with living in a fallen world. Maybe our fear of death or the inevitable is what drives us to such lengths. Let's go back to the beginning, when God had first created the world and everything in it. There was no death or dying so I assume that we didn't age either. Then Adam and Eve sinned and we were cast out of the garden and death began. I'm guessing that aging and the effects of aging started then, too. Perhaps covering gray hairs and wrinkles is another way that we try to bring ourselves back to Eden. A way to cheat death. Or a way to lie to ourselves about dying. But I know that I no longer have to fear death. Because my savior conquered death! It no longer has power over me or anyone else who follows Jesus! I have already died to this world and I live again. Oh death where is your sting? My God died and rose again. Death had no hold over Him! Because He loved us He died for us so that we could have hope, be made whole again, be right with our creator, and go to heaven instead of hell. So, I don't care if I age. It's what's going to happen and I'm okay with that because I know the ending of my story. I may not know how I'll get there but I know that however I arrive whether old or young I know the end. We win. Jesus prevails and so we prevail. Whatever happens in my lifetime I must remember my purpose so that I don't get distracted by petty thing of this world. Our purpose as Christ followers is to bring glory to God in all that we do and to bring as many people to Christ as we can. So remember this and do not fear growing older or death unless you don't have a relationship with my best friend, Jesus. If you don't know him personally then I encourage you to send me an email so we can talk about Jesus and what he's done for you and me. If you would like to talk more about the stuff that I touched on here then email me at: homeschooled_horse_lover@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...