Monday, October 5, 2009

Hope: Lessons From A Hummingbird

Unfortunately, I really couldn’t identify with William M. Cuccia’s book, Hope: Lessons from a Hummingbird. However, I did learned many facts about hummingbirds. Cuccia used those facts to draw parallels about life and living. Many points of the story are good, especially the point made about redemption. Cuccia suffered from rage and depression which was destroying his marriage. He and his wife rescued a hummingbird and by learning lessons from a hummingbird, God brought healing and hope. I really don’t like to find fault in a book, but I must point out a few of the book’s downsides. The writing, though heartfelt I’m sure, sometimes came across as hokey. William Cuccia repeated himself often and because of this I had a hard time enjoying the book. His ideals and faith, to me, seemed somewhat shallow. He talks about being a normal guy and I agree that we are all pretty normal, but God takes normal people and transforms them into extraordinary vessels for His work. Cuccia didn’t seem to reflect that in his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...