Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July, etc.

The Fourth Of July:
The 4th was awesome! Not only is it cool to be able to celebrate the 233rd birthday of my country, but it's great to be able to do that with your family. Even though a good bit of my extended family were not able to come over to my house to celebrate we still had a pretty large gathering. We swam, cooked out on the grill, learned how to make a Betsey Ross 5 pointed star in 1 snip, and other fun things. Later I went with my cousin and her family to go watch fireworks at the horse park and then we went to McDonald's.

Ella's Trip To The Vet:
Yesterday we had to take Ella to the vet and it turns out that she has an infected anal gland that ruptured. Then the vet cleaned it and gave us medicine for her to take every day and if it doesn't heal on its own they will remove it. But the vet said that it's not a dangerous surgery and that either way Ella will be alright.

Putting Together The Pieces:
For the last week or so I've been working on puzzles. I finished one that I had started long ago which was very exciting. It is called "Indian Maiden" and is a picture of a young native American girl and a wolf with a very beautiful nature background. And guess what! It was only missing 3 pieces out of 550! I am kind of amazed that there weren't more pieces gone. Now I'm working on a glow in the dark puzzle that is nearly twice the size of the first one. It is a snowy Christmas scene with a one horse open sleigh, children laughing, houses with lights all aglow, and a man made out of snow. After a lot of work my mom and I finally finish the border. I can't wait to finish it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...