Friday, July 31, 2009

Read and Share Toddler Bible stories retold by: Gwen Ellis and illustrated by: Steve Smallman

When I first received the Read and Share Toddler Bible, I admit that I was a little skeptical as to whether or not it could hold my almost-three-year-old nephew’s attention. Those fears were put to rest after reading to him and showing him the vibrant illustrations. He enjoyed looking at the book and listened while being entertained. After we popped in the DVD, I knew I would have little to no trouble holding his attention.
My favorite things about the Read and Share Toddler Bible are the illustrations because they’re so colorful and depict so well what the stories are saying. My nephew found the pictures for creation the most interesting. The narration is put in words that are easily understood by toddlers and do not outweigh the pictures. Even though it is put in such simple words, I don’t think that it lost any of its Biblical accuracy.
The DVD is great! My almost-three-year-old nephew, my three and a half year-old niece and my other nephew, who is four going on five, all enjoyed watching the DVD and were captivated by the lively animated characters.
As a whole, I think that this is a wonderful way to share the accounts from the Bible with toddlers and, more importantly, the love of God and his son, Jesus Christ. I know that my nephew will enjoy this for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...