Sunday, July 19, 2009

REFUGE WEEK-- Part 1

It was a last minute kind of thing when I joined my church's youth group on this 5 day local missions project. I will try to fit as many of the details and some of the pictures I took during the week into 2 parts. I may fail but that is the general idea.

But before I tell you about the missions we did I would like to mention where we stayed and a few other important details:
Lucern Baptist in Stone Mountain, Georgia was kind enough to let our 30 and some odd students stay at their church. We also had some great adult leaders who planned and organized this whole thing and although I don't want to name anyone for the fear of leaving someone out I would like for all those who helped out to be recognized and all of those who read this to know how grateful I am for their hard work and this opportunity and I believe that all the other students feel the same way. So, thanks. You know who you are and you're awesome!

And now... This is REFUGE WEEK-- Part 1-- The homeless:
For the first 2 days we spent our time working with a group called "7 Bridges" which reaches out to homeless people all over Atlanta by sharing the love of Jesus in many ways. Be it a hug, a sack lunch, a prayer, or helping people onto the road of recovery. We spent of time with them making and handing out sack lunches under bridges and on street corners in metro Atlanta and praying over every person who would take a meal. Also on those days we spent the afternoons preparing and serving meals, giving small gifts, doing manicures and pedicures, and playing with the children at a women's shelter operated by the same 7 Bridges organization called "The Garden".

Part 2 is to come soon and hopefully with pictures of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...