Monday, September 21, 2009

As I Walk By The Lake In My Dreams - a Poem

Yesterday afternoon I was tired so, I took a nap in the living room and I had a dream. Because of my over active imagination matched with being cooped up inside due to the rain means that I read and write alot more than usual and so, my dream ended up being turned into a poem. I hope that you enjoy reading is as I enjoyed participating in the dream and writing it down.

I fell asleep only to awake
And find myself walking down the shore of a lake

A dragon then rises from his stream bed
Water like jewels his back does shed

I begin to turn away as reality calls me from the scene
When a pair of sea turtles intervene

Flapping their flippers they fly
Their green coloring I happen to spy

One after the other
They flew over my shoulder

The leader gives me a wink and I waved
A spot in my heart this dream land has saved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...