Thursday, August 13, 2009

Waiting

God must be trying to explain something about patience and waiting this last week and a half or so. I've been eagerly expecting a couple of review books. Some for as long as two weeks now and so far none have come. For the first week as soon as my mom got home I would run and get the mail and spend the afternoon waiting for the UPS or FEDEX truck to come but no books arrived either way and if ever I went away from the house as soon as I would get home I would grab the mail and check the front porch for any packages. But still none have come. If you know me then you know that by this time my patience has run out and I occasionally grumble about yonder publishing house or the carelessness of the shipping companies. (I am not known for patience but rather for my lack there of. Even though I am typically a quiet person I have a relatively short fuse.) If you didn't know that about me then you know me a little better now. So, I am finally starting to cool off and I'm beginning to see this as an opportunity to exercise, strengthen, and lengthen my patience when waiting. Now to wait and wait and wait and try to do so without a single complaint.

2 comments:

  1. LOL.... you remind me of somoeone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! :) Mom has said the same thing (almost daily)... and I take it as a compliment... Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...